direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Page Content

History

The Institute of Technical Acoustics – ITA – was founded in 1954 with Prof. L. Cremer as its first Director. In 1973, Prof. M. Heckl shouldered the Directorship and led the Institute till 1994 then Prof. M. Möser has been acting head until 2014. Since 2016 Prof. Sarradj is head of the the department and holder of the chair of Engineering Acoustics.



Up to 1970, ITA belonged to the School of Electrical Engineering but in conjunction with the first re-structuring of the Technical University of Berlin, the Institute was incorporated in the School of Environmental Engineering. In the second re-structuring 1993, the University reduced the number of Schools from 22 to 15 and the Institute became part of the School of “Process technology, Environmental technology and Material Science”. In the third re-structuring, ITA became affiliated with Faculty III – the School of Process Sciences in Engineering. Recently, ITA changed its affiliation to Faculty V – the School of Mechanical Engineering and Transport Systems and united with the Hermann-Föttinger Institute of Fluid Mechanics. The new Institute is named “ Institute of Fluid Mechanics and Engineering Acoustics”, abbreviated ISTA.


    

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Quick Access:

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe

Auxiliary Functions